7/2/09

We Sure Look Good in Our Cheap Sunglasses
































As any of you following my Twitter ,@punky_n_betsy know, I had an absolutely insane day yesterday.  After oh so many things went wrong with my truck, a small ray of sunshine called Lisa arrived at my window and invited me to pull  up to Gavin Brown's enterprise, a  gallery in the West Village, for an opening.  Desperate to leave the spot early after I had been handed a violation and hearing ticket by an officer, I gratefully accepted the invite to what sounded like a fun and lucrative affair.  I was not disappointed when I pulled up to bangin' BBQ and growing mob of absolutely gorgeous people.   Piles of Legos being assembled by fathers and sons, a woman mopping up a gigantic melting ice cube and a bust of The Incredible Hulk are the images that stick out in my mind  from my brief foray into the swarm of heavily styled art elite.  Despite the myriad of couture confections I witnessed, these two young and bright creatures, Michael and Seanna took the cake from the crowd.  I immediately stopped Michael when I noticed he was wearing an identical pair of glasses to my own multicolored Lolita heart frames I got at one of my favorite stores, Rainbow.  Rainbow is a regular stop on my daily routine at this point.  If I haven't been able to make it home before work I always hit up my local Rainbow for a quick, poppy eye catching outfit.  The merchandise is disposably inexpensive,  very important since most of the clothing I buy will be unwearable or at least slightly tattered after a day of being splattered in chocolate, smeared in grease and soaked in sweat, side symptoms of my incredibly glamorous job.  Michael and I shared a lovely moment over our love of Rainbow and he and Seanna proceeded to hustle up enough change to buy themselves an ice cream cone.  I appreciated their spirit immensely and felt their glasses were honest expressions of their attitudes about themselves, each other and life in general.   Moral: Nothing is more gorgeous than a pair of cheap sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment